Send your samples to:
Fish Vet Group Norge
When samples and order forms arrive at our laboratory, a confirmation will be sent to you by email.
This is when our automatic tracking of your samples begins. This is part of our quality assurance and contribute to high quality sample handling and traceability during analysis.
Order Sampling Equipment
To order our sampling equipment please contact us via:
We offer PCR racks with 32, 64 or 88 tubes.
Histology jars are available with or without formalin and come in boxes of 50 jars.
The equipment is sent with normal postal service unless otherwise agreed upon. Delivery normally takes about 4-7 working days.
Order PCR sample tubes now
Fish Vet Group Norge uses barcoded sample containers. These codes are linked to you as a customer. Upon receipt of specimens and requisition form, begins our automated tracking of your tests and you will receive confirmation of receipt by email. Use of barcodes and automatic tracking is part of our quality assurance and are used to ensure the quality of the sample handling and traceability in analytical work.
Sampling of tissue for PCR analysis
The procedures described here are designed to allow the samples to have the best possible quality for analysis.
For sampling and tissue conservation Fish Vet Group Norge recommend that the following equipment is available:
- Labelled tubes from Fish Vet Group Norge, which contains RNAlater (see expiration date on the box of tubes).
- Cooling element (4 °C) or ice.
- Suitable packaging for sending samples.
- Sterile tweezers and scalpel.
- Bunsen burner for sterilization of tweezers and a scalpel handle.
- Sterile surface for trimming tissue samples (microscope slide or inside of the scalpel blade packaging).
- Paper for removing tissue remains on scalpel blade.
- 70 % alcohol and / or 10 % bleach solution for disinfection of sampling equipment
- Tissue samples should be about 2 x 2 x 2 mm (the size of a match head) to ensure good preservation. NB! Avoid using the abdominal cavity when trimming tissues.
- Always sample two pieces of tissue per organ, add both pieces to the same tube (A and B sample).
- Ensure that the tissue samples are covered with RNAlater to ensure proper conservation.
- Place the tube with the tissue samples on a cooling element or on ice immediately after sampling.
- Sterilize the equipment between each fish to avoid cross contamination.
- We recommend that experienced personnel perform the sampling.
- Store tissue samples in RNAlater at 4 °C (refrigerator) after sampling.
- If the samples are not to be sent within the first 48 hours after sampling, store the samples at 4 °C for 24 hours to complete the conservation process, then transfer the samples to -20 °C.
|IPNV – Infectious pancreatic necrosis virus (IPN)||Kidney|
|ISAV – Infectious salmon anaemia virus (ISA)||Heart|
|ISAV-HPR0 – Low virulent infectious salmon anaemia virus||Gills|
|Nodavirus – (VNN/VER)||Brain/Eye/Kidney|
|SAV – Salmonid alphavirus (PD)||Heart|
|SGPV – Salmon gill poxvirus (POX)||Gills|
|VHSV – Viral haemorrhagic septicaemia virus (VHS)||Kidney|
|Renibacterium salmoninarum (BKD)||Kidney|
|Moritella viscosa (Winter ulcer)||Kidney|
|Branchiomonas cysticola (Epitheliocystis)||Gills|
|Yersinia ruckeri (Enteric redmouth disease)||Kidney|
|Paramoeba perurans (AGD)||Gills|
|Paranucleospora theridion/Desmozoon lepeophtherii||Gills|
How to send PCR Samples
If you have an existing agreement with an agreement number or project number, please add it to the relevant field in the form.
Send samples by courier to:
Fish Vet Group Norge
We recommend to send the samples by Overnight Express.
Please email your order form and tracking number to email@example.com for additional traceability.
Packaging and shipping guidelines
- Send the samples in Styrofoam box / bubble envelope with cooler / ice pack.
- Send the samples as quickly as possible after sampling.
- The samples should preferably be sent with Express Overnight.
PCR report delivery times
- Standard – 5-day delivery of results.
- Emergency service – provides a report within the next 24 hours. This service needs to be agreed in advance and entails a 50% surcharge.
- We also deliver our Emergency service during weekends and holidays. This must be agreed and entail an surcharge of 400%.